At Lunasurf we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers, site visitors and partners. This policy explains how we use the personal information we collect from you, including our collection and use of personal information for all visitors, customers and business partners regarding all of our online operations, including those via Lunasurfwetsuits.com.
When do we collect data.
- Visit any of our websites and order products.
- Create an account with us.
- Sign up to receive promotional content, e.g. E-mail newsletters or offers by post
- Engage with us on social media.
- Contact us by any means with questions, feedback, requests, complaints etc.
- Enter prize draws or competitions.
- Choose to complete a surveys we send you.
- Comment on or review our products and services.
What Information do we collect.
The personal information we collect includes names, E-mail addresses, billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers, genders, ages, product selections and preferences, order numbers, billing information, shopping preferences, referring website Uniform Resource Locators ("URLs"), Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses (which identify the specific computer or device you are using), comments / feedback / reviews, webpage usage,
We also collect:
- Details of your interactions with us by phone, online such as details of any comments, requests or complaints you make, purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, products you show interest in, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- When required by the law: Copies of documents such as a passport or driver's licence provided to us to prove age or identity which includes details as to name, address, date of birth, gender, nationality and facial image.
How do we use the data we collect.
We use personal data to fulfil product orders, enable order status tracking, and to send relevant promotional content which we think you'll love, via email, text or post. We collect personal information in a few ways, some information you provide directly to us and others we may get from your device, depending on how you have configured your device settings.
When our customers order one of our products we collect and maintain their name, e-mail addresses, billing addresses, delivery addresses, telephone numbers, product selections, order numbers, payment details via our website. We collect IP addresses and other data to support our market research and understand the interests of our visitors. For example we use IPs to monitor the level of activity of different user groups on our site (how many people are on the site, which pages are their favourites and which countries we get the most traffic from etc.) and where relevant, we will send you marketing content related to your purchases.
All of this supports us in our work to improve our products and services.
Why we use the data we collect.
Our goal in collecting personal information is to provide our visitors a quality, personalised experience and to improve the way we design and offer new products such as to project trends and optimise product development.
We use the personal information we collect on the basis of our legitimate interests and our need to process product orders and perform the services under our contracts, particularly to:
- Process any orders and payments that you make by using our websites.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints, and to keep a records of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you. We do this as required by our contractual and legal obligations to you, and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- Protect our business and your account from illegal activities, such as maintaining security safeguards on your account and monitoring your browsing activity to identify and resolve problems.
- Send you relevant, personalised communications by email, text and post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time, and you can easily do this as explained in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
- Display the most interesting content to you on our websites, we’ll use data we hold about your favourite brands or products and so on. We do so on the basis of your consent to receive notifications for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device.
- Administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you.
- Comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- Send you survey and feedback requests to help improve and make our products or services more relevant to you.
Protecting your data
We work hard to treat your data with the greatest care and to take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We do not store card details or sensitive personal information on our servers. The customer data we do collect is stored in a password protected area and protected against unauthorised access by physical and technical security measures. Data is stored on a secure server which has anti-hacking security measures in place. User passwords are encrypted with modern non-reversible encryption methods. Transactions take place over a secure encrypted connection.
Who do we share with.
We never sell, rent or trade any personal information.
We need to provide certain information to certain trusted third parties who assist us in providing our products and services and developing our markets. For example, we use third party service providers to enable payment, and other business services we cannot perform internally, such as fraud detection. Whenever we transfer personal information to third parties, we only provide the information they need to perform their services, and they are only permitted by contract to use the data for the purposes we require.
If any police force, regulatory body or other public authority lawfully requests us to provide personal information we may comply with that request without being obliged to inform you.
A cookie is a small data text file which a Website stores on your device's hard drive (if your Web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. When you use our site we will store cookies on your device in order to facilitate and customise your use of our site.
We use two types of cookies:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, allowing you to carry information across pages of our website and avoid having to re-enter information. They also allow us to compile statistics that enable us to understand how users use our website and to improve the structure of our website (i.e. which items you added to cart, in what colour and what size).
- Persistent cookies: These remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though the duration will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie), and enable us to make your use of the site easier, allow you to retrieve an earlier shopping cart, make the site run more smoothly and help us to maintain site security. These cookies are also used to show you relevant/personalised marketing content or to display targeted advertising and/or share this data with third parties for the same purpose.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser.
© Lunasurf Limited, 2018 all rights reserved.